Posted: April 11th, 2011
YMAC is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual who has a strong desire to work with Aboriginal communities within the Yamatji region and advancing their interests through the native title process. This position is based in YMAC’s Geraldton Office.
You would be working to ensure claimants are informed and can participate in the management of their native title claims. You would also be acting as a source of information to the community about the organisation, the native title act and other relevant matters.
To be considered for this position, you must address briefly in your letter the following selection criteria:
- Ability to effectively and sensitively communicate and work within a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, communication skills
- Proficiency with computers
- Good understanding of Aboriginal people, their culture and decision making processes
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Current unrestricted manual ‘C’ class license is essential.
For further information about this position, please contact Human Resources on (08) 9268 7000.
Under S.50 (d) of the Equal Opportunity Act, an applicant’s Indigenous background is a genuine occupational qualification.
Job descriptions and an application form are available on our website http://ymac.org.au/go/careers, or contact Human Resources on (08) 9268 7000 or email email@example.com.
All applications must include a covering letter, completed application form, resume, and a statement addressing the selection criteria.
Applications can be posted to PO Box 3072, Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6000, faxed to (08) 9268 7049 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for the above positions is 4.00pm Tuesday 26th April 2011