Application Closing Date: January 31, 2018
YMAC is currently seeking an experienced and committed Heritage Manager to join our team of professionals working under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer, your primary function will be to provide heritage advice, vision, and direction to the Heritage Service team and YMAC, along with assistance in the effective management of YMAC’s Heritage Services.
Role scope includes:
- Provide vision, direction and leadership to the Heritage Services team
- Advocate for Aboriginal heritage in WA through specialist knowledge and information
- Key source of heritage advice for internal & external queries and requests
- Assistance in the efficient, effective and responsive management of YMAC’s Heritage Services including consultants, survey reports, service contracts and heritage agreements
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Traditional Owners and parties with interests in land subject to native title and heritage
- Ensure adequate coordination between internal departments to ensure the best possible outcomes for Traditional Owners
- Preparation of timely and accurate reports to the YMAC Board of Directors, Regional Committees and Executive on Heritage Services Program performance, including financial, qualitative and other quantitative data
- Undertake high level heritage surveys, and perform site visits
- You will have tertiary qualifications in Archaeology/Anthropology (with Honours) or relevant experience in Aboriginal Cultural Heritage management. Minimum of 3 – 5 years Arch/Anthro experience. Experience with program management including staff, contract, consultant and financial resource management is essential to success in this challenging and rewarding role. Relevant experience in a native title context is advantageous.
All applications must include a covering letter, completed application form, resume, and a statement addressing the selection criteria.
Heritage Manager – JAN 2018
View other Current Vacancies