On Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 September 2017 Traditional Owners, Members of Parliament and government officials attended the 4th annual on‐Country Bush Meeting at the Yule River meeting place.
The three resolutions arising from the 2017 Yule River Meeting were:
- The Pilbara Yule River Bush Meeting proposed an independent Representative Group to give advice to
the government on behalf of Aboriginal Pilbara People.
- The Pilbara people also raised the following issues:
– language preservation,
– improve education in the Pilbara,
– improve health services – mental, renal and men’s health,
– support of a treaty with the State Government,
– improve housing services for Aboriginal Pilbara people,
– oppose the Cashless Welfare Card, and
– Aboriginal heritage protection.
- The Marlpa People called on the WA State and Federal Government to fully commit to a process
towards Voice, Treaty and Truth.